Tuesday, March 17, 2009

OK, So it could have been worse

or Why exercise is good for more than one thing.

After a couple of hours of swimming and playing in the water, and a few minutes in the hot tub I won't say all looks Rosy, but at least I'm not all teary about it. I have had some trouble eating today. I had about 1/3rd of my daily points left after dinner. I had a after dinner snack of salad followed by chocolate! I am also very tired for some reason. Maybe it's PMS week. At 49years old PMS week seems to be a bit less predictable than it used to be.

Any way I'm feeling better. I did some searching for BOB trailers vs Burley trailers. I have placed some links along side of the page. Most people on the discussions seemed to prefer Burley trailers for stability (2 wheels not one) and because they fold for shipping and storage. I saw another site from 2004 that said for trikes it matters less and that BOB's are less likely to be damaged by careless handling. (no nylon walls etc.) Other things that make some like them is one wheel follows better on a bike for missing potholes and glass. I guess you might be able to argue that it doesn't matter for trikes. Oddly most of the trip pictures I've seen using Trikes and trailers seem to have BOB trailers. I'm still wondering why discussions vs photos are so different. I'll keep looking for more info.

I brought my bike in and DH is going to put it on the trainer tonight. It looks like no rain for tomorrow so he's going on a ride. Length to be determined by the weather and weather the DayQuil does a good job of keeping his cough under control. I hope he gets a good ride in. He's had a hard time getting any good riding done between the virus and short rides that we could handle. he really needs some good training as his big ride (GRR) is in less than 4 months. You can see his mental prep for it on the family blog at http:www.napolitano.it I'm proud of all the thought and hard work he's putting into prepping for this ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment