Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Some meals for this week.

Last night we had the veggie chili I talked about in a previous post.

Tonight we will have 2 versions of veggie Lasagna.

The first will have layers of thinly sliced zucchini, mushrooms and onions layered with No boil lasagna sheets and some ricotta mixed with chopped spinach.(more spinach less ricotta gives you some creaminess w/o all the extra calories) It will have 2 sauces. One a lite white sauce made with 1% milk, Parmesan cheese and a bit of flour for thickening. The other a lite tomato sauce with grated carrots, chopped celery and onions seasoned with salt pepper and basil. For simplicity you could use your favorite jar sauces. Because of the whole diet thing only a little mozzarella cheese on top.

The other (smaller one because I do not like squash!) will have roasted butternut squash, caramelized onions and a white sauce with Ricotta cheese and of course it will get a bit more Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese than my more diet friendly lasagna.

The weather is supposed to improve this week so we will also have a meal of grilled veggies, Eggplant, asparagus, red bell peppers and probably some Italian sausage for DH and DD. I'll serve it with some good crusty bread. (then park the bread on DH's side of the table!) We will also have a simple fruit salad with it.

Also planned for this week is Broccoli Beef and Rice. The sauce will be Hoisin based I'm not sure the exact recipe. It will take a bit of experimenting on my part to get it right. Last time I made this I used the recipe on the bottle for Chinese BBQ sauce and it came out pretty good if not totally authentic.

If we have a rainy day (and when in Oregon do we not this time of year?) I'm looking at making a Potato and Broccoli casserole or having a baked potato/salad bar. Which will depend on how much slicing and dicing I feel like putting in to the meal. The casserole requires very thinly sliced potatoes, onions and broccoli. The bar can be as easy as baking potatoes and steaming broccoli then setting out, sour cream (lite of course) chives grated cheese etc. You can even go to a nice store like Whole Foods and raid their salad bar for toppings and salad if you really want to make it easy.

Lunches are usually left overs or salads or some combination of the two.

Breakfast is often oatmeal, high fiber cold cereal or something eggy like scrambled eggs, fritatta, or a breakfast sandwich on a flat out flat bread. (scrambled eggs, lean ham maybe a sprinkle of Low fat cheese, Salsa if I'm in the mood for a bit of spice in the morning)

I will keep my points distributed as I usually do about 5 points for Breakfast, 7 points for Lunch and about 10 for Dinner. That leaves me 3 points for snacks or if I go a bit over at a meal. Of course I also have my Weekly Points Allowance of 35 per week if I really need them but I rarely use them and save them for special occasions. Now that I think about it why are all my special occasions falling on the day before weigh in? My birthday was on a Monday, my Anniversary was on a Monday, Easter was Sunday but that's close enough that I didn't want to eat a bunch of WPA. Can't we have a special occasion on Wednesday??? That would give me a week to work it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment