Thursday, March 12, 2009

Last Night...

I spent the night as an over night host at our church. We host an emergency weather shelter to get homeless people in out of the cold. We were open due to it being well below freezing. This winter has been below freezing much longer than it was last year. We were open about 3 times the number of nights as last year. After being up most of the night I got up at 5am to cook biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I came home and passed out for a few hours. Then I did some history with DD, and took her to swimming. (no I didn't swim this time, due to lack of organizational skills, I didn't have a clean swimsuit) Finaally I cooked for the homeless teen dinner we have every week. After serving about 20 homeless teens dinner I'm finally home and ready for bed. Well I'm ready for bed,but I have too much to do tonight, so I'll be up for a while yet.

Tomorrows plans are still up in the ai,r depending on how much I can get done tonight. We may go up to Mount Hood to check on hotels for a Randonnee route DH s planning for August 29th. http://www.orrandonneurs.org/brevets/2009_brevets.html If we do go, we may have enough time to play in the snow before coming home. If that doesn't work out I'll be home catching up on all the stuff I've not gotten done due to illness and/or working at or cooking for the homeless shelters at church. Some where along the way this weekend I'm hoping to get a bit of sleep and some riding done.

We went for a short ride yesterday, while it was sunny, it was very cold. We didn't ride nearly as far as I expected to. I'm not sure if DH was taking pity on me, or if everyone was just too cold to enjoy the ride. I didn't have a big problem with the ride except for that one hill... It is one I always struggle with. That said, I did manage the evil last hill just before home without having to get off and push. I as usual fell behind by about 2 blocks due to that hill, though I suspect that DH slowed way down ,because I pulled in at home not too far behind him. The last couple of blocks are down hill so I caught up a bit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment