Monday, March 9, 2009

Weather,spring, bike riding, and stuff to do...

I'm wondering if winter will ever end. OK I know it will and I know we don't have the worst of it. But SNOW in March in Hillsboro Oregon???? And the cold. We had hoped to close the emergency weather shelter in February. But here we are open again. The next 2 nights are supposed to be in the low 20's. Again not the worse weather around, but deadly if you are sleeping out side. The good news is that it's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend and mid 60's by the middle of next week. At least for the highs.

Spring is coming and that means I will get a chance to ride soon. We aren't even supposed to get much rain in the next 2 weeks. So riding should be really nice for the next week or 2. I talked with DH last night and he gave me a couple of good ideas for places to ride. I'm also planning to do some grocery shopping on the bike soon. Since DH works from home I should be able to set DD up with school work and leave them home alone and go riding during the week. Weekends are when DH does most of his rides so that is less likely to be a time when I'm doing any major riding because I will have DD with me. She's just not up to much road riding yet. I'm thinking she will be soon, just not yet.

The office is still a shambles. That is today's big chore. DD's room not quite as bad but still in need of significant work. Then we will have to switch closets too. That's going to be quite a chore. as the office loses storage space in the closet. So I will have to sort and figure out what to do with a lot of stuff.

DH is doing the Snooseville 100k this weekend. http://www.orrandonneurs.org/rba/2008/Snoozeville/2008_Snoozeville_Info.html It's his first official ride this year, and by his standards, a short one. Some day maybe I will think this is a "short" ride too.

No comments:

Post a Comment