Monday, February 9, 2009

I enjoy salad????

I've eaten a green salad 3 times in the last 2 days. I've added several different things to it to make it tasty. Dried cranberries are 1/2 point for a tablespoon and give you a nice chewy texture randomly in your salad. The dressing I like isn't a low fat dressing but is only 1 pt /tbsp and has enough flavor to not need a lot. A couple of croutons or a tbsp of chopped nuts are good for a bit of crunch. I had a HUGE salad for about 5 points. It was very filling. That is not to say I haven't had my share of "other" foods.



Tonight DD and I tried our hands at making sushi. It was fun and Sushi is fairly low points as long as you don't do any thing tempura. We made a couple of rolls and ran out of rice so we made more rice to play with it. We ended up with tons of sushi and called our friends across the street to come over and get it so we didn't eat it. it worked out well as they like sushi and hadn't had dinner yet. We learned a lot and had quite a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment