Thursday, February 19, 2009

A careful analysis of a few data points....

Now if that hasn't sent any science minded person who stumbled onto this half over the edge, I don't know what will.

I've been looking at the first 6 weeks of "Diet Data" ie. how many points used vs weight lost and estimated calories/week or day. (now I've lost anyone not science minded too!) If I ignore the first 2 weeks where I always lose more, I do see some points/vs weight loss correlation. At about 24 points per day I lose about 2 lbs per week. At 27 points per day I lost only .2 lbs. So I need to stay somewhere between 24 points and 27 points. WW says I should be eating 26 points /day. So my target is good.

Some issues...
  1. the week I ate 191 points (27 points/day) was valentines week and we ate way to much chocolate and not much else. Sure I stayed in my points range but mostly fast food and chocolate. Lesson learned stick with better nutrition for my points.
  2. the 2 weeks I ate 171 points exactly I lost .4 more pounds on one week... That week I had activities points that I didn't use. I need more exercise.
  3. the week I ate more and lost less ( I'll call it chocolate week) also started a nasty elimination issue. I need to have more fiber in my diet.

So no big surprises. I need more fiber more, exercise, better nutrition and about 25-26 points a day. O and I should avoid CHOCOLATE as a main food group. Bummer.

This Weeks goals:

Sticking with my basic points 25-26.

Drinking my milk. (this was my worse thing health guidelines failure and I need to get the calcium in.)

More fiber.

Avoiding the evil chocolate.

Adding 30 minutes exercise at least 3 x per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment